“Educating Children to Serve Christ”
You care about your child’s education. You care about your child’s future. You care about your child’s character and who is helping shape it.
SO DO WE!
At Christian Heritage School we aspire to foster a passion for learning and achieving while equipping our students for college and beyond. We offer a purposeful education that encourages students to push their intellectual boundaries. Your child will be prepared for the world they are entering – prepared to make a difference. This is what is important to us and we know it’s important to you!
The following answers are given as CHS strives to fulfill its mission of “Educating Children to Serve Christ:”
- Christian Heritage School is an independent school with a Christian worldview-building character, confidence and integrity in EVERY student. CHS is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.) We are approved by the Board of Regents of the University of Georgia. The faculty and staff are committed Christians who care not only about the academic achievements of your child but also about your child’s character development.
- At the lower school level our small class sizes operate as discovery centers where children are expected to take an active role in their learning. Developmental learning takes place in our classrooms, centering on the whole child-mentally, physically, emotionally and socially. Art, Music, Physical Education, Library, Bible and Spanish classes are taught at each grade level.
- CHS upper school is a college-preparatory school. Our rigorous curriculum includes AP classes, honors classes and advanced classes. Our students are accepted to colleges and universities all over the nation including multiple early acceptances to the University of Georgia. Our athletic teams participate in the GHSA (Georgia High School Association.) Our Fine Arts department offers band, chorus, drama and visual arts.
- “Community of grace” is an actual experience at CHS. Small classroom size, advisory groups, community activities and family events bring our school together with a purpose of encouraging and uniting the entire student body.
- Collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking skills form the foundation of academics at Christian Heritage. These 21st century survival skills are needed to be successful in college and within the workplace today. The Harkness Method of teaching at CHS fosters learning through discussion and discovery that develops a student’s individual voice and academic confidence.
- CHS is growing! From its inception in 1986, as a school serving 37 students in grades K-5, to its present enrollment of about 400 students in grades K-12, the CHS community is thriving and continually moving forward with the addition of our new High School campus, academic initiatives, athletic programs, and fine arts opportunities.
- CHS graduates continue to impact those with whom they come in contact. They excel academically, socially, and spiritually in college and beyond.
Finally, the students, staff, and parents at Christian Heritage School truly enjoy our school community. We invite you to visit our campus and see why we have chosen CHS!
At Christian Heritage School, parents play an important part in the educational process. The Bible teaches that parents are responsible for the nurture, training, and education of their children (Deuteronomy 6:7; Proverbs 19:18, 22:6; Ephesians 6:4). Schools like CHS serve as a tool to help them fulfill their responsibility. Parents should remember that their part in their children’s education is very important. Their role is to be more than homework monitors, carpool drivers, and PTSF helpers. Christian Heritage School teachers serve as partners with parents in providing an excellent education consistent with biblical truth. Harmony between home and school provides the best environment for godly training to take place. Everyone is encouraged to be a part of the Parent-Teacher-Student-Fellowship (PTSF), which raises funds for school improvement and supports multiple school functions at CHS. Parents volunteer in many ways to ensure a safe and exceptional school experience for their children.