Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit
Christian Heritage School is partnering with Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program. Submit your 2019 Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit Application today at goalscholarship.org.
Then contribute to GOAL and receive a Georgia income tax credit equal to 100% of your contribution!
In addition, if you itemize, you will receive a federal charitable income tax deduction for your contribution to GOAL.
- Given the new federal limits on the deductibility of state and local income taxes, this is significant! By converting some of your state income taxes into a charitable contribution (to GOAL), you may gain back a deduction, thereby reducing your federal tax burden.
The Georgia legislature has nearly doubled the available credits, alleviating the ‘oversubscription’ problem of past years. In 2019, you will very likely be approved for an amount between 90% and 100%.
This is a proven win-win opportunity for donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL, you will not only receive a tax credit equal to 100% of your contribution but also help maximize this source of financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive a Christian Heritage School education.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate returns – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
1. Apply Now (anytime now through December 2018).
Complete the 2019 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
2. GOAL Submits to DOR.
On the first business day of January 2019, GOAL will submit your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
3. Approved to Contribute.
GOAL and the DOR will notify you in early January 2019 of your approved amount and payment deadline.
4. Make Your Donation to GOAL.
Write a check for your approved amount to GOAL within 60 days of the date on your DOR approval letter (by mid-March 2019). You may also pay with a credit card. Checks should be mailed to:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
5. Take the Credit.
In May 2019, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2019 Georgia income tax return. (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2019 taxes in 2020.)
Please contact Kim Stafford at [email protected] with any questions. Thank you for your support of Christian Heritage School!