Q. What is the NCAA Eligibility Center?
A. An organization that works with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to determine a student’s eligibility for athletics participation in his or her first year of college enrollment. Students who want to participate in college sports during their first year of enrollment in college must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Q. Who should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?
A. Any student who plans to attend an NCAA Division I or II institution AND who wishes to participate in intercollegiate athletics should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Q. How soon should I register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?
A. You should apply for certification at the conclusion of your junior year in high school. The NCAA Eligibility Center will not process a transcript with fewer than six semesters shown on the transcript.
Q. How do I register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?
- Students should register on-line at http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.html.
- Register, set up a PIN, and pay the registration fee ($50)
- Before “officially” submitting to the clearinghouse, print two (2) copies of the completed Student Release Form (SRF).
- Give both printed copies of SRF with proper signatures to Mrs. Poag in the College Counseling Center.
- Registrar will send one copy to the Eligibility Center with transcript showing grades from 9th – 11th (six semesters)*. (* Students who have earned high school credit at a school other than Christian Heritage School must also request that a transcript be sent from their previous school)
- Student should request that standardized test scores be sent to the Eligibility Center. There are two ways to report SAT/ACT test scores to the Eligibility Center:
- When you register for the SAT and/or ACT, write in code 9999 to send your scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Contact SAT/ACT and request that scores be sent to the Eligibility Center
NOTE: Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. Test scores can NOT be reported with the official high school transcript.
After graduation, Mrs. Poag will mail Copy 2 of the SRF to the Eligibility Center with the final transcript showing all grades earned from 9th – 12th grades, and proof of graduation.
Q. How do I access the NCAA Guide for the College Bound Student-Athlete?
A. You can access the NCAA Guide for the College Bound Student-Athlete by clicking here.
Q. How do I contact the NCAA Eligibility Center?